Friday, August 7, 2009

Camping fun!



The boys and I went camping last week. It was a lot of fun! Grammy had a "fun bag" for Karter and Isaac. In their fun bag was this head flashlight. Uncle Coultie, Kenny, Eric, and Isaac had one too. they all looked pretty nerdy but they came in handy on what I call, "the walk of desperation" to the restroom at 3 AM.


On one of the days we decided to hike to Taggart Lake. It was labelled "easy" so I figured I could easily get my out-of-shape self there and back despite it being 3.5 miles. We didn't have a stroller so we put my sling on so I could carry Jace up. I thought, "Hey, he's only 13 or 14 pounds, how hard could it be?" My very positive and gleeful mother is dancing in the background of this picture. We were both clinging to the "easy" label.


Uncle Kenny carried Karter on his shoulders practically the entire way. He's a soccer player...what else can I say? I guess I should take up a sport like that because this is what happened partially through the hike...


We didn't think we were going to make it! So some skinny, in-shape granola girl comes by and said that we only had about 10 minutes until the lake...okay, I thought I could handle that. Ten minutes, sure, for and in-shape person without a kid strapped to the front! It was probably another mile before we got there! The hike was beautiful but I have GOT to get in better shape next time I decide to strap my baby on the front of me for a hike...



Anyway, everyone had a ball just hanging out. Karter especially loved playing in the dirt with Isaac and throwing rocks in the lake. I just miss the cooler weather during the day!



2 comments:

  1. That's a great story...glad you did make it though. That picture of Jace is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have gone with you guys!(Kind of) :) I probably would have died...

    ReplyDelete